Early childhood education is offered at every elementay school in the district, and serves children between the ages of 12 months and 5 years. We run two types of programs:
- Toddler programming, for children between the ages of 12 months and 3 years old. Maximum of 8 students, with a ratio of 2 teacher to 8 children.
- Preschool programming, for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years. Maximum of 16 students, with a ratio of 2 teachers to 16 children.
In the Roaring Fork School District Early Childhood Programs, we focus on the whole child, which means taking into consideration all of the child’s developmental areas: physical, social/ emotional, cognitive and language. We recognize individual children for their strengths, talents and diverse needs, and customize our approach to ensure that all children experience success and growth towards meeting their learning goals.
Core Beliefs and Values
We believe in:
- Facilitating learning through play
- Building relationships
- Family partnerships
- Nurturing every child
- Maintaining safe learning environments
- Developing character skills
- Honoring the culture, languages and values of our families
- Being reflective of the communities in which we live
Preschool and toddler classes run on a school schedule (click here for the 2017-18 school calendar), including observing holidays and school breaks. Classes are closed during the summer when schools are closed.
Each day, regular care runs from 8:15am to 3:15pm, and extended care runs from 7:15am to 4:45pm.
Registration for 2018-19
Registration for the upcoming 2018-19 year will occur on Friday, April 6 in all Roaring Fork elementary schools, from 7:30am to 5pm (come by anytime during this window).
Parents who wish to enroll after the registration period should call the school directly to ask about availibility. Click here for school contact information.
Information about registration (including lottery and waitlist information) can be accessed here:
Additional school specific enrollment information can be found by contacting the appropriate school. Click here for school contact information.